quest's team of therapists
Our Physical and Occupational therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists and Special Education Instructors have an average of 15 years experience, primarily in pediatric therapy. Our staff is highly qualified and experienced in a pediatric evidence-based practice, and is actively involved in continuing education programs. In addition, some of the following qualifications are found in the therapy team at Quest:
- Doctorate-level physical therapists trained to design and carry out research, some of whom are actively involved in research studies measuring the efficacy of hippotherapy for children with special needs.
- Physical therapists who hold advanced certifications as Hippotherapy Clinical Specialists, requiring advanced pediatric treatment skills and equine knowledge.
- Staff with multiple specialties in their post-graduate training, including certifications in Early Intervention in Natural Environments.
- Staff with advanced training and experience in working with sensory integration issues.
- Speech/Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists with specialized pediatric training.
Quest has a core team of over 60 volunteers, specially trained as either leaders or side walkers. For each child, two volunteers are needed to either lead the horse, or act as a side walker. Volunteers also assist with grooming, tacking up, cleaning up and barn chores. We rely on our volunteers and we utilize volunteers for at least 238 hours a week. Volunteers are asked to volunteer a minimum of 2 1/2 hours per day on a set schedule. Volunteers range in age from 12 to 80 years old and we train them for the job. Volunteers form friendships with the children and their families, which is one of the most rewarding things about volunteering at Quest! Thanks to our volunteers, Quest saves nearly $275,000 per year in staff costs. If you are interested in volunteering at Quest, please email@example.com or use the button below to complete a volunteer application. Volunteers are always welcomed!
Quest has a core team of wonderful therapy horses, specially trained for movement characteristics and tolerance to any situation. Quest therapy horses are all-around athletes -participating in such activities as horse shows, trail rides, and on-going training. Our horses are an integral part of our program, and are the foundation for many transformations that have taken place in the lives of the children we serve.
We are always on the look out for new horses for our program. We have set criteria that our therapists are looking for, but please call us if you have a horse to donate. They should be sound, quiet, and healthy with good movement and temperament. You can also email us with information firstname.lastname@example.org